I am interested in the 18 inch rear gearless bldc hub motor provided by leaf bike company and I had a few questions about the hub motor.
1) What is the rated torque?
2) What is the maximum torque?
3) How many poles are there in this motor?
4) Does it contain any brakes? If so, what type? (Disc/Drum/V-brake)
5) Does it contain hall sensors? If so, How many and what is their description?
6) Most importantly, is this motor a brushless dc motor (BLDC) or a permanent magnet synchronous motor(PMSM)? This greatly affects my choice, as both types are sometimes very close to each other, so I needed verification on what type it was.
7) Does it have a waterproof gradient?
8) Dimensions: I had an issue with the dimensions listed in the description compared to dimensions in the drawing for the motor on Leaf Motor site. I am actually looking for a motor that is around 16 inches, however, I chose the 18 inches because the image for the 18 inches shows the diameter being 372 mm which is equal to around 14.6 inches, which isn’t 16 inches but is very close. The diameter of the motor is crucial for my wheel choices and so clarifying what the actual diameter of this motor would be very helpful, I can’t risk not being sure of the dimensions as I am currently designing the vehicle and need to be very accurate.
9)Does this motor support regenerative braking?
10) What is the back EMF of this motor?
Finally, I would like to apologize if these are too many questions but I am in need of the maximum clarifications I can get to be as precise, so any information you can provide I will be grateful to receive.
Please click our new site.
There is more drawing & performance.
* This 18 inch is fit for 18 * 2.125 or 2.5 tire.
The dia. of this 18 inch is 372mm, it’s fit for 18 inch bike tire.
* 46 pcs magnet, with 3 pcs hall sensor… It’s brushless motor.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | Delicious | digg | reddit | buzz | Mr. Wong | eMail | LinkedIn